The Art Festival
The Sonoma Plein Air Festival celebrates its 16th year in 2018, bringing acclaimed artists to Sonoma for a week in September to paint, show and sell their work to benefit youth art education in Sonoma.
Here are the details.
The Sonoma Plein Air Foundation facilitates artists, art organizations, public schools and the community to create, appreciate and understand the importance of visual arts.
Find out more about who we are and what we do.
Art in Education
We seek to engage youth through art education, foster artistic excellence, nurture a vibrant local arts community and bring people together for experiences that inspire a creative exchange of ideas.
- Original artwork in following media: painting, drawing, printmaking, collage and photography
- All styles and subject matter considered: abstract, figurative, still life, landscape
- All artwork will be selected for exhibition by a panel of jurors from the Arts Guild, Sonoma Plein Air Foundation and local art instructors.
- No entry fee
- Send images of up to 3 artworks you would like to exhibit, by email to email@example.com
- with the subject line “Art Show Entry” no later than Friday, March 23, 2018.
- Artwork image minimum size is 4” x 6” and maximum size is 16” x 20”.
- Include your full name, phone number and address.
- If selected, these are the artworks you will exhibit. No substitutions.
- You live or work in the Sonoma Valley – from Sonoma through Oakmont area
- If selected, you agree to hand-deliver your artwork (dry, framed and wired for hanging) to the Sonoma Community Center on Friday, April 13 between 10 – 2 pm and pick-up any unsold work at 8:30 pm.
- If selected, you agree to sell your work, with 60% of sale price to artist, 30% to Sonoma Plein Air Foundation to support art education in schools and 10% to Sonoma Community Center to support community art programs.
- All artists will be notified by March 31, 2018.